A Registered Dietitian can help you improve your health and manage your diabetes.
You may benefit from meeting with one of our registered dietitians if you :
- want to improve your blood sugar levels
- would like to learn how to count carbohydrates
- are interested in weight loss/maintenance strategies using a lifestyle approach or meal replacement option
- have heart disease or high cholesterol levels
- have high blood pressure
- have issues with your kidneys
- are interested in going on an insulin pump
- are new to the clinic or haven’t seen a dietitian in the past 1 to 2 years
- have concerns with your bowels
- want to learn more about healthy eating to meet your body’s vitamin and mineral needs
Registered dietitians will work with you to develop nutrition goals that are realistic and meaningful to you.
For some general nutrition tips, please refer to the following handouts:
Carb Counting-The Basics