The Office of Clinical & Organizational Ethics (“Ethics Office”) at Hamilton Health Sciences offers an Ethics Internship program for graduate students (MA, PhD or post-grad) interested in healthcare ethics (preference given to McMaster graduate students).
The goals of the Ethics Internship are:
1. To provide clinical experience and mentorship in healthcare ethics for graduate students
2. To support the projects and objectives of the Ethics Office
3. To enrich and diversify the interdisciplinary nature of the Ethics Office
Benefits of the Ethics Internship for students include the opportunity to enhance:
- Knowledge of healthcare systems
- Knowledge of the bioethics literature and the practical applications of healthcare ethics in clinical settings
- Understanding of the roles/structures of ethics programs
- Project planning and management skills
- Writing and presenting to clinical audiences
NOTE: The Ethics Internship is an unpaid position; Interns are responsible for any expenses incurred during the Internship (e.g., parking, meals, etc.). Interns receive course credit for participation in the program, as negotiated with their academic departments. The Ethics Internship is a competitive program and not all applicants are accepted.
For information about eligibility and how to apply, click here.