|UPDATE: Sept. 3 - C. difficile at the Juravinski Hospital on a Medicine Unit|
September 3, 2012
C. difficile outbreak on a medical unit (E3), at the Juravinski Hospital site of Hamilton Health Sciences.
Status as of 12:30 noon on September 3, 2012:
• There are 4 hospital acquired cases on E3
• There is one new case on E3
• PLEASE NOTE: one new case came up over the weekend and one patient was transferred to another unit, and that in total 4 C. difficile patients are on E3.
• C. difficile outbreak on a medical unit (E3) at the Juravinski Hospital declared on August 27, 2012
• E3 remains open
• enhanced C. difficile infection prevention and control measures have been implemented to prevent the spread of this infectious disease
Hamilton Health Sciences, in partnership with Hamilton Public Health, is monitoring this situation closely. Clinics and services at Juravinski Hospital are continuing to function as usual.
NOTE: Future Media Updates will be issued ONLY if there is a change in status related to the outbreak on E3.
For more information, contact:
Public Relations & Communications, Hamilton Health Sciences
Tel.: (905) 521- 2100, ext. 64138
Paging: (905) 521-5030