Lakeview Lodge is a place for patients to stay who are receiving care at the Juravinski Cancer Centre. The Lodge is located behind and attached to the Centre and provides pleasant hotel-type rooms for up to 20 guests. All rooms are semi-private - 2 people share a room - and include a full washroom. There is no charge for patients who are Ontario Residents.
To stay as a guest at the Lodge, you must:
When there is available space, and for a fee of $45 dollars per night, a family member or friend may stay at the Lodge.
- Lakeview Lodge opens Monday at 7:30 a.m. and closes Friday at 3:30 p.m.
- Staff is present during these times
- Check out time is 11:00 a.m. on Friday and guests are required to make arrangements to be picked up from the lodge by 3:00 p.m.
- The Lodge is closed on weekends and all hospital holidays.
What if the lodge is full?
If the Lodge is full, we will advise you of other places to stay in the area. Transportation may be arranged to the Cancer Centre through the Cancer Society.
Things to bring with you:
- Health card and appointment card.
- All of your medications.
- Daily care items such as hygiene products, deodorant, tissues, sanitary supplies, Kleenex.
- Loose comfortable clothing and shoes for indoor wear.
- There is an optional meal plan for a fee, available for anyone staying at Lakeview Lodge.
- For those who do not choose the meal plan, food services are available:
- Hummingbird Café (JCC)
- The Atrium (Henderson) as well as local places close by.
- Tea, coffee and cookies are available.
- There is no place to store or prepare food.
- Meals are served in the dining room.
The Lodge does not provide medical or personal care. Guests must be able to care for themselves. Porter service is available to assist patients to and from the Cancer Centre for treatment.
Visitors are welcome on the main floor area only. Visiting hours are until 9:00 p.m. Parking is available at the Cancer Center and hospital.
How do I register?
Please register with the Lodge before your scheduled visit. To reserve a room, please call Lakeview Lodge at: (905)575-6302 or extension 65700 when calling from the Cancer Centre. One of our staff will talk with you to make sure your needs can be met at the Lodge. If you require a companion in order to manage your personal care, our staff may also need to talk with your oncologist or primary nurse before booking your appointment. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are cancelling your reservation.