Aortic Valve Clinic
The Aortic Valve Clinic provides care to patients with aortic stenosis or aortic regurgitation. The goal of our team approach is to provide the best-individualized care for each patient.
Care We Provide
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR or TAVI): A new aortic valve is placed into your existing aortic valve. A catheter will be used to place the new valve through your groin or under your collarbone.
- Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement (SAVR): The aortic valve is surgically removed and a new aortic valve is placed. This procedure requires a surgical incision on your chest.
On the day of visit, patients should expect to stay in the clinic for 3 hours.
You will likely have the following completed:
- Blood work
- Visit with Aortic Valve Team members
- Heart monitor to wear for 2 weeks
Team Members may include:
- Interventional Cardiologist
- Cardiac Surgeon
- Nurse Practitioner
- Cardiology Residents