Cardiology & Vascular Surgery Unit (4 West)
The Cardiology and Vascular Surgery Inpatient Unit (4 West) cares for patients who require special care for heart-related issues or who are waiting for/have had vascular surgery.
Our team cares for patients who have or are waiting for:
- heart failure
- heart rhythm problems
- a heart attack
- angiography or angioplasty
- coronary bypass surgery
- a heart infection or fluid around the heart
- a cardiac procedure or test
- a pacemaker insertion
- an ICD (implantable cardioverter defibrillator) insertion
- vascular stenting
- femoral- popliteal bypass
- aortic aneurysm repairs
On 4 West, there is also a “step-down” unit for patients who need closer monitoring and care by our nursing team.