Centre for Healthy Aging
The unique healthcare needs of older persons often requires the expertise of clinicians with specialized training in geriatric medicine and geriatric psychiatry, and the Centre for Healthy Aging is the “heart” of such care at Hamilton Health Sciences.
At the Centre for Healthy Aging, we are committed to delivering high quality care and an excellent experience to the patients and families we serve. As leaders in seniors’ care, our team includes a number of specialists who work together to ensure that we provide the highest-quality, comprehensive care throughout our many clinics and programs. We work with family doctors and other community service providers with the goal of helping seniors remain and thrive in their home environment.
This section contains information about Centre for Healthy Aging clinics and services. You can also read more by reading our brochure.
Care We Provide
For more information about our services at the Centre for Healthy Aging, visit our clinic and services page.
What To Bring
For geriatric medicine and geriatric psychiatry clinic visits, please bring the following items to all appointments:
For parking information and rates, visit our parking page.
Please note that your initial appointment may last up to 2-3 hours. Follow-up appointments are generally less than one hour in length.
Our team includes:
- Geriatricians & geriatric psychiatrists
- Interdisciplinary case managers
- LHIN care coordinator
- Occupational therapists
- Intake and administrative professionals
Helpful Links for Patients & Families
Helpful Links for Healthcare Providers
Eligibility & Referrals
Patient Eligibility Criteria
- A resident of the communities of Hamilton or the larger HNHB LHIN if unable to access service closer to home
- Age 65 years or older (under 65 years if experiencing difficulties usually associated with aging such as, Parkinson’s or Dementia)
- Not currently under the care of a geriatrician or geriatric psychiatrist elsewhere
- Patient/substitute decision maker consenting to referral
- Family physician (or other MD/NP) completes and faxes referral
- Patient would benefit from one of our services
Note: Home visiting confined to the communities of Hamilton (Hamilton, Ancaster, Dundas, Stoney Creek and Waterdown) and includes all 27 Long Term Care Facilities.
- Specialty Clinics/Outreach/BSO Referral form for the following services:
- Geriatric medicine
- Geriatric psychiatry clinics
- Home visiting
- LTC consultation
- OTs 2 Go
For additional information, contact us:
Centre for Healthy Aging Intake Office
Phone: 905-521-2100 ext. 12397
Centre for Healthy Aging Clinics
Phone: 905-521-2100 ext. 12294