COVID-19: Community Healthcare Providers
Throughout the pandemic, we’ll be providing our community healthcare providers and partners with the most up-to-date information to you as it becomes available.
Click the buttons below to find helpful information about our programs and clinics:
Hamilton Health Sciences is working with our regional partners to gradually reintroduce scheduled surgical and outpatient clinical care for our patients. We look forward to resuming these services to patients who have been waiting for care, but we must do so in a way that recognizes the pandemic is not over, and ensures there is space for any potential surge in COVID-19 patients.
- Patients will be notified when their surgery or appointment has been scheduled. They do not need to contact the hospital.
- If you would like to inquire about the status of a referral from before or during the pandemic, please contact that clinic.
- Patients who have concerns about their health status should contact their clinic or family physician’s office for guidance.
- We have also been increasing the number of telephone and virtual visits to provide care where possible. Such visits will continue through this next phase of resuming scheduled services. You can expect to receive notes from any telephone and virtual visits in the usual manner.
- Appointments can change. We will do everything possible to keep a patient’s appointment once it is scheduled. It’s possible that appointments could change if the hospital needs to take care of emergency and urgent cases.
- Our clinicians are constantly evaluating the care needs of people who are waiting and moving individuals into the urgent and emergent categories as needed.
- Please follow our process before COVID-19 to make a referral and forms are available.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and collaboration during this time.