COVID-19: Learners & Students
Screening for Learners & Students
As part of our commitment to a safe and healthy workplace, learners are required to complete an online self-screening tool prior to every admittance to the hospital site. The self-screening tool is a quick and convenient way for you to screen for any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your shift. Here’s how it works:
- Starting June 10 2020, before you come into the hospital, go to staffscreen.hhsc.ca or scan the QR code on posters at staff entrances
- Enter zero in the ID field, complete your personal details (name, email), select Students for Job Category, Site you are entering and proceed to the screen questions
- At the end of the screen, you will receive a message directing you to proceed to the site or self-isolate and notify EHS
- Have your HHS or student ID ready to show with your screen results for entry to the hospital
- If you have not completed the self-screening tool prior to arriving at a clinical site, verbal screening will be completed at entry
- If you fail screening, you are to contact Hamilton Health Sciences’ Employee Health Services (EHS) at COVIDFORMS@HHSC.CA or ext. 42200, and provide details including your name, symptoms and contact information so that COVID-19 testing can be arranged. Your health card should be readily available, as it will be required by both EHS and Public Health.
- Any learner who is non-compliant with screening processes will be denied entry to Hamilton Health Sciences and will be reported to their academic program.
If you have any questions, please contact the HITS Helpdesk via myIT, email to email@example.com or 905-521-2100 ext. 43000.
Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Checklist
The overarching goal of IPAC is to protect the health and safety of our patients, staff, physicians and Learners. This check list provides a summary of IPAC recommendations that help reduce risk in the hospital setting.
HHS and SJHH are also committed to the prevention of occupational illness and injury and supports an environment free from violence and harassment. HHS will take every precaution reasonable in the circumstance for the protection of our healthcare workers.
View the IPAC checklist here.