COVID-19: Vendors & Partners
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we are taking precautions to keep patients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers safe including temporary changes to on site presence of those providing service to the hospital.
There are also restrictions in place for visitors and patients. For additional information about visiting the hospital please visit our Appointments & Visiting page.
All essential service providers will be required to self-screen for:
- symptoms of fever, and/or cough, and/or difficulty breathing
- close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- travel outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness and travel outside of Canada within 14 days prior to onset of illness.
If the answer is YES to any of the above, the service provider must not enter the hospital.
Essential Service providers:
- Emergency Services – Police, Fire, Paramedics
- Contractors completing project/infrastructure work that is time sensitive
- Correction officers accompanying a patient to and within the hospital
- External delivery and service providers including Dynacare, Canada Post, Canadian Blood Services, Contracted Food and Beverage deliveries, equipment delivery, and equipment repair services) deemed essential to ongoing hospital operations
Other essential service providers who already have company ID badges will be allowed to bypass screening at screening entrances based on a predetermined approved list. All essential service providers must exit the building immediately after completing their work.
Providers who do not meet the Essential criteria are deemed non-essential vendors, contractors, service providers and consultants and will not be able to access Hamilton Health Sciences sites.
Contractor/Vendor Designated Entrances
Hamilton General Hospital
Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre
M-wing South Door
St. Peters Hospital
Vendors/Donors/Partners access Public/Visitor’s Entrance Main Lobby South Entrance
McMaster University Medical Centre
Yellow Door Shipping and Receiving
West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
The Procurement Department is responsible for the acquisition of goods, services, consulting and construction for all of HHS. Procurement is authorized to lead the Strategic Sourcing process using Requests for Proposals, Invitations to Bid, Supplier Qualifications and Requests for Quotations in accordance with the Broader Public Sector Procurement Directive.
Logistics supports the receiving and delivery of supply inventories at all sites! We work with Plexxus’ Hospital Logistics Inc. JIT warehouse to ensure the right supplies are in the right places in the right quantities at the right time. Logistics also oversees inter-hospital transportation and courier systems.
Contact us at email@example.com