Parking: McMaster Children’s Hospital
The following parking locations are available at the McMaster University Medical Centre & McMaster Children’s Hospital:
- Underground parking garage – Entrances are located off Main St. W. or King St.
- Emergency short-term parking lot – Entrance is located in the main entrance of the hospital
The parking office is located in the underground parking garage next to the Main St. entry/exit
(905) 521-2100 ext. 76156
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Underground parking garage
Each 30 minutes or less costs $3.50, with a daily maximum of $20.00. There is no charge for the first 15 minutes of parking.
Emergency short-term parking lot
Each 30 minutes or less costs $4.00, with a daily maximum of $25.00. There is no charge for the first 15 minutes of parking.
Please note: A lost parking ticket will result in a charge for the daily maximum.
Parking services are operated by the Hamilton Health Sciences Volunteer Association, a non-profit organization. All profits generated by parking services are donated to enhance patient care at Hamilton Health Sciences. For more information visit the HHSVA web page.
Payment for parking can be made at pay stations located in the Underground parking garage, emergency short-term parking lot or parking office. The following payment methods are accepted:
- Pay stations: Visa, MasterCard, and cash.
- Parking offices: Visa, MasterCard, and cash, Debit and OntheGo cards
Long-Term Rate Options
In an ongoing effort to keep patient needs first and to minimize the cost of parking, long-term parking rate options* for patients and visitors are available:
- 5 Day Pass, $50 – Valid for 5 days within a one year period from the time of purchase
- 10 Day Pass, $100 – Valid for 10 days within a one year period from the time of purchase
- 14 Day Pass, $48.50 – Valid for 14 consecutive days from the date of purchase
- 30 Day Pass, $250 – Valid for 30 days within a one year period from the time of purchase
*Please Note: Long-term rates at McMaster Hospital site apply to the Underground Parking Garage only. A one-time $5.00 card fee will apply for first time long-term rate purchases. Purchases are non-refundable. VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Debit, OntheGo card and cash payment accepted.
Please follow these safety guidelines when driving or walking in parking facilities across Hamilton Health Sciences.
- DO NOT walk under or within close proximity to gate arms
- Stay on marked paths or sidewalks when in parking lot entry, exit, or laneway crossings
- Look for cars before crossing parking aisles
- DO NOT walk on automobile ramps. Use the stairs.
- DO NOT leave valuables in your car
- Obey the 5 km/h maximum speed limit in parking lots and garages
For your safety, a Walk Safe program is available through HHS Security Services (905-521-2100 ext. 74444).
Accessible parking spaces are available in the following locations:
- Red Section Row 3 (by elevator)
- Yellow Section Rows 3 & 4(by elevator)
- Blue Section Row 9 (by elevator)
- Purple Section Row 9 (by elevator)
Short term lot
- by entry to the lot