Neuromuscular & Neurometabolic Clinic
We are a full service Neuromuscular and Neurometabolic Clinic focused on treatment and management of muscular dystrophies, neuropathies, mitochondrial disease and ataxias.
Care We Provide
- Consultation for neuromuscular, neurometabolic and neurogenetic disorders
- EMG, nerve conduction studies, lumbar puncture, muscle biopsy and skin biopsy procedures
- Exercise and strength testing for children and adults
- Genetic and metabolic consultation for neuromuscular, neurometabolic and neurological disorders
- Genetic counselling for the above disorders (Ms. Lauren Brady, CGC)
- Development assessment (Dr. Julia Frei).
Services We Provide:
- Genetic counselling
- Exercise prescription
- Developmental pediatrics
- Muscle Biopsy
- Skin Biopsy
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Lumbar Puncture
Areas of Expertise:
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Fatty acid oxidation defects
What To Bring
When you arrive to the clinic, please check in with the Business clerk at the reception desk. The business clerk will let the team know that you have arrived.
Staff will do their best to make sure you are seen at your appointment time. If you feel you have been waiting a long time please speak with a business clerk at the reception desk.
Please bring with you:
- Health Card. The Ministry of Health requires us to validate your health card at every clinic visit
- Any relevant x-rays, letters, or blood work from your doctor
- Any notes or questions that you may have
- List of medications
The referral process in made through a direct referral from a pediatrician, other specialist or a family doctor to a specialist. Referrals can be faxed directly 905-521-2638. All referrals are screened by one of the clinic doctors.