Flu, COVID and Cold Clinic opening at McMaster Children’s Hospital
HAMILTON, ON – Hamilton Health Sciences McMaster Children’s Hospital (MCH), like all pediatric hospitals in Ontario, continues to be under immense strain. The amount and severity of viral illness is heavier than normal and we’re seeing kids with serious flu, pneumonia, COVID-19, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infections.
- As of December 12, there will be a Flu, COVID and Cold Clinic located at MCH to help ease the congestion in the MCH emergency department.
- The clinic will be open to patients (17 and younger) on a walk-in basis on evenings and weekends.
- Hours of operation – Monday to Friday from 4:30 to 8:30 pm and weekends from 10 am to 4 pm.
- The clinic will be staffed by family doctors.
- The clinic is located on the main floor in the main lobby (in the 2G Child & Youth Ambulatory clinics space).
- This initiative is in partnership with Hamilton Family Medicine (HFAM) and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH), and aligned with provincial guidance.
- More clinic information is available here: www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/coldandflu
We encourage everyone to know all of their health-care options:
- you can visit your family doctor for health concerns that can wait a day or more
- contact Health Connect Ontario to speak with a registered nurse 24/7 via phone or web chat
- visit an urgent care centre (for all ages) for health concerns that aren’t life-threatening but can’t wait for a doctor’s appointment.
- Go to needadoc.ca to learn more.
We are grateful to everyone for their patience and understanding as we try to meet the needs of all patients.
For b-roll video footage of within the clinic, please click the link below:
*Please note that the footage was purposely left ungraded for easy editing.
From the City of Hamilton:
Pediatric flu shots now available at LimeRidge clinic
Effective today, Hamilton Public Health Services Mountain Vaccine Clinic at LimeRidge Mall (999 Upper Wentworth St., Hamilton) will be offering walk-in flu shots for all community members ages six months and older until the clinic’s final day of administering vaccines on December 21, 2022.
Community members can find additional local locations to receive their flu shot at hamilton.ca/flu.