Media briefing: Hamilton hospitals provide updates on operations, staffing and clinical activity (Video)
Hamilton is currently the epicentre in Ontario for this wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is causing extraordinary staffing pressures across all our services and throughout the entire health system. The disruption is such that Hamilton hospitals now need to take extraordinary measures to ensure they can keep providing care.
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) hosted a joint media briefing on January 11, 2022 to discuss the current state of hospital operations.
Hamilton Health Sciences
- Sharon Pierson, Executive Vice President, Clinical Operations and Chief Operating
- Bruce Squires, President, McMaster Children’s Hospital and Vice President, Women’s & Children’s Health
- Bram Rochwerg, intensivist and site lead at the Juravinski Hospital intensive care unit
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
- Cheryl Williams, Executive Vice President Clinical Operations and Chief Nursing Executive
- Greg Rutledge, Chief Emergency Medicine, Deputy Chief of Staff
- Zain Chagla, Infectious Disease Physician and Co-Medical Director of Infection Control
For more information, please contact:
Communications & Public Affairs