Ramp Up Update
The phased resumption of clinical activity is progressing across HHS. We are currently at approximately 80 per cent of pre-COVID activity overall. Activity varies across sites/programs and is dependent on the availability of staff and physicians as we continue to deal with health human resources shortages and capacity pressures.
The recent increase in clinical activity includes:
- At the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital site, the two Operating Rooms reopened on March 21, and the return of Obstetrics services (4 days/3 nights per week) is planned for late April.
- The West End Clinic’s Urgent Care Centre is now also open.
In addition to reintroducing more procedural and surgical activity, ambulatory care is also being ramped up with:
- Increasing in-person visits
- Increasing ambulatory visits that support procedural and surgical care ramp up
- Adding care that enables the safe discharge of patients or that helps avoid ED visits
We encourage all patients to attend their appointments in-person and virtually if appropriate.
The safety of everyone at HHS remains a constant priority. A reminder that everyone who attends our sites must wear a mask. Masks are available at all entrances. Visitors and patients who choose to wear their own clean, well-fitting mask (N95 or KN95) can do so.
Additional visiting guidelines can be found on the HHS website at https://www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/covid19/patients/appointments-visiting/.
We continue to promote and support virtual/remote care as much as possible to help patients get the care they need.
We are grateful for everyone’s dedication to patients and spirit of collaboration during these extraordinary times.