Request for Proposals Issued for West Lincoln Memorial Redevelopment Project
West Niagara, ON – Today, Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Hamilton Health Sciences have invited three teams to respond to a request for proposals (RFP) to design, build and finance the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital redevelopment project.
The three teams were prequalified based on criteria identified in a request for qualifications process that began in November 2020. Selection criteria included design and construction capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and scope.
The prequalified teams and their prime team members are:
AMICO SACYR ALLIANCE
- Applicant Lead: Amico Design Build Inc. (50%), Sacyr Construction S.A (50%)
- Design Team: IBI Group Architects Canada
- Construction Team: Amico Design Build Inc. (50%), Sacyr Construction S.A (50%)
- Financial Advisor: Operis Business Engineering Limited
ELLISDON INFRASTRUCTURE HEALTHCARE
- Applicant Leads: EllisDon Corporation
- Design Team: Parkin Architects Limited
- Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
POMERLEAU HEALTHCARE PARTNERS
- Applicant Lead: Pomerleau Inc.
- Design Team: Cumulus Architects Inc, WalterFedy
- Construction Team: Pomerleau Inc.
- Financial Advisor: Pomerleau Inc.
Teams will now begin preparing proposals that detail how they will deliver the project. Once technical submissions are received in November 2021, Infrastructure Ontario and Hamilton Health Sciences will evaluate the proposals, select a preferred team and then negotiate a final contract. A successful bidder is expected to be announced in spring 2022.
“With the posting of the RFP, the three teams who were previously shortlisted now have everything they need to develop their bids. We are excited by the caliber of the teams and are confident each submission will bring a unique vision for the rebuilt hospital. Together with our partners at Infrastructure Ontario, we look forward to working with each team over the coming months, and ultimately choosing the group who will deliver the hospital for the community.”
Kelly Campbell, Vice-President, Corporate Services and Capital Development, Hamilton Health Sciences
“The release of the RFP for WLMH is a key milestone towards the new build. This is great news for West Niagara, and the speed with which we have arrived at this point from the initial commitment to a new build being made in October 2018, testifies to the huge desire to see this new build in the community. I have appreciated working with HHS, Minister Elliott, and the community on this key community infrastructure project, and it is exciting to see us get to this place. West Niagara has been waiting for a long time to see our new hospital, and today’s release of the RFP is very good news.”
Sam Oosterhoff, MPP, Niagara West
- Sign up for the monthly community newsletter to receive important news, updates and developments at the WLMH site.
Communications & Public Affairs