Hematology and Oncology Clinic
There are a variety of different services provided in the clinic:
- Active therapy clinic
Off Therapy clinic
Neuro- oncology clinic
After care clinic
- Hemaglobinopathy clinic (Sickle cell)
Our team of health professionals will work closely with you and your child to plan care and services that will meet your child’s needs.
Care We Provide
- Palliative Care
What to Expect
One or both parents (or caregivers) are welcome at each visit. Please limit the number of people that come with you. We have limited space and nee to prevent the spread of infections. If you need to bring your other children, please ensure there is another adult to stay with them at all times. We ask that all family and visitors be in good health.
What happens at each visit?
1. Before visiting the clinic, go to the Hematology Lab (2N38 – second floor blue section) for a finger poke
2. After the finger poke go to the 3F clinic
What should I bring to the clinic?
Write down your questions and concerns and bring the list with you. As visits may last for several hours, please bring:
- Food, drinks and utensils
- Things that comfort your child, such as a blanket or or favorite toy
- Medications your child needs for that day
- Quiet activities that your child will enjoy while waiting
Each member of the team will help you learn about your child’s condition and care. We want you to have enough information and support to feel comfortable making decisions and taking part in your child’s care. If you have any questions, or concerns, please feel free to talk to any member of the team.
What if I arrive without an appointment?
We probably will not be able to see your child. We will make an appointment as soon as possible, but you will likely have to return on another day.
When is the clinic open?
We are a morning only clinic.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 09:00 to 11:30a.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 08:00 to 11:30a.m.
Do I need to bring my child to the clinic. I have the referral information?
Yes, your child will need a full assessment, exam and testing.
Changing an Appointment
To schedule, change or cancel an appointment, call the Business Clerk at 905 521-2100 ext 73887 (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
Your child needs a scheduled appointment for each visit. After your each appointment, stop and see the Business Clerk to book your next appointment.
Please use our Referral Form.