Pediatric Cardiology (located within the 2G Clinic) provides outpatient assessment and treatment to children with heart problems. Our philosophy is family-centered care.
Care We Provide
- Outpatient clinical service for children with heart problems
- Assessment and treatment of children with cardiac problems
- Pediatric Echocardiography
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pre and post assessment and treatment of cardiac surgery patients
Note: If your child has a communicable disease such as Chicken Pox or has been in contact with someone with Chicken Pox, please call the clinic before you come to the hospital.
What to Bring
- Your child’s Health Card. The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care requires us to validate your health card at every clinic visit.
- Any x-rays or letters from your doctor.
- Any notes or questions that you may have.
- List of current medications and allergies.
When you arrive, please check-in at the reception desk. The Business Clerk will register you in the electronic system so that your team will know that you have arrived.
Our team consists of physicians, echo technologists, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurses.
The referral process is made through a direct referral from a pediatrician or family doctor to a specialist. Referrals can be faxed directly to clinic.
Note: The clinics are not for emergencies. If your child needs to be seen on an urgent basis, please contact your family doctor or go to your local emergency department.