This specialized clinic provides services for children and teens with kidney disorders. Care is family-centered with an understanding that medical conditions in a child affect the whole family.
The Pediatric Nephrology service provides consultations to children and youth and health professionals work as a team to develop a therapeutic plan to support children and their families within the 2G clinic.
Care We Provide
Conditions We Treat
- Congenital Kidney Abnormalities
- Renal Stones
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Henoch Schonlein Purpura
- Children with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Management of post-transplant patients
Services We Provide
- Peritoneal dialysis
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
What to Bring
- Your child’s Health Card. The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care requires us to validate your health card at every clinic visit.
- Any relevant test results (x-rays) or documentation available from other institutions.
- Morning urine sample (keep refrigerated).
- Any notes or questions that you may have.
- List and dosages of current medications.
When you arrive, please check-in at the reception desk. The Business Clerk will register you in the electronic system so that your team will know that you have arrived.
Note: If your child is ill with any antibiotic resistant organism, MRSA, a communicable disease (such as chicken pox), or respiratory infection, please notify the staff at the reception desk upon arriving at the clinic as the child will be directed to a location other than the main waiting room.
Our team includes a physician (nephrologist), registered nurses, registered dietitians, and social workers.
Referrals can be faxed directly to the clinic.
Urgent Referrals: The clinics are not for emergencies. If your child needs to be seen on an urgent basis, please contact your family doctor or go to your local emergency department.