Our team provides assessment, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment options, and management of acute and chronic pediatric rheumatic disease. Our philosophy is family-centered care. We strive to provide the best care possible.
Care We Provide
We provide education and support to help patients learn new skills related to exercise, treatment, and medication administration.
The acute and chronic pediatric rheumatic diseases treated by our team include:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Vasculitis, Scleroderma
- Inflammatory Brain Diseases
- Autoinflammatory Diseases
What to Bring
- Your child’s Health Card. The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care requires us to validate your health card at every clinic visit.
- Any relevant test results (e.g x-rays, blood work) or letters from your child’s doctor or pediatrician.
- Any notes or questions that you may have.
- List of current medications and allergies.
- Shorts for the child to change into in order to assist the examination process.
- Immunization record (Yellow card)
When you arrive, please check-in at the reception desk. The Business Clerk will register you in the electronic system so that your team will know that you have arrived.
The initial assessment will take approximately 1 hour and follow-up appointments take approximately thirty (30) minutes.
Note: If your child is ill with any antibiotic resistant organism, MRSA, a communicable disease (such as Chicken Pox), or a respiratory infection, please notify reception staff prior to your scheduled appointment.
Our team includes physicians (rheumatologists), a Registered Nurse, physiotherapist, dietician, child life specialist, and social worker.
Referrals should be faxed directly to the clinic at 905-521-5056.
Urgent Referrals: Referring physicians should contact the consultant physicians directly in the event of an urgent referral at 905-521-2100 ext. 75382.