Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Our team provides outpatient clinical services to children with acute and/or chronic infections.
Care We Provide
Our team provides assessment, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment options and management of acute and chronic pediatric infections and vaccine-related care.
We accept referrals for:
- Complicated parasitic infections
- Complicated fungal infections
- Complicated HSV infections
- Recurrent MRSA infections
- Osteomyelitis/Septic arthritis
- Adverse events following immunization
- Delayed vaccinations
- Children with comorbidities requiring expanded vaccination regimes
- Children with symptoms or diagnostic results concerning for active or latent TB infection
- Children with positive tuberculin skin tests
- Children with close TB contact
Please note that our team does not have any particular expertise in the care of fatigue, malaise or other ill-defined symptoms believed to be the result of prior infections (eg. post-EBV, post-Lyme). These should be referred to the appropriate specialist based on the symptoms of concern (eg. general pediatrics, physiatry). We would also recommend that providers with patients suspected to have a non-infectious periodic fever syndrome refer those patients to Rheumatology.
Referrals must be made by a health care provider. Please select the appropriate referral form below:
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Clinic Referral Form
- Pediatric Tuberculosis Referral Form
- Pediatric Special Immunization Clinic Form
Please include the requested information listed in the referral form and fax to the clinic: 905-521-2654.
Urgent referrals: The clinics are not for emergencies. If your child needs to be seen on an urgent basis, please contact your family doctor or go to your local emergency department.
What to Bring
- Your child’s health card. The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care requires us to validate your health card at every clinic visit
- Your child’s immunization record
- List of current medications
- Any relevant test results or letters from your child’s doctor
- Any notes or questions you may have
When you arrive, please check-in at the reception desk. The Business Clerk will register you in the electronic system so that your team will know that you have arrived.
Note: If your child is ill with any antibiotic resistant organism (such as MRSA or ESBL), a communicable disease (such as Chicken Pox), or a respiratory infection, please notify reception staff prior to your scheduled appointment. Our clinic number is (905) 521-2100 x 73861
Our interdisciplinary team includes physicians (infectious diseases specialists), nursing staff (registered nurse and nurse practitioner), and a pharmacist specialized in infectious diseases.