Community Commitment Program for Nurses
As part of the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN), Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) has registered nurse, registered practical nurse and nurse practitioner opportunities available to those from outside Ontario. This program is made possible through Ontario Health – Health Force Ontario.
Nurses hired under this program are eligible for $25,000 to be paid in installments in exchange for a two-year commitment to HHS.
To be eligible for the CCPN at HHS, a nurse must:
- Hold a current Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Meet job requirements/qualifications on the HHS job posting, with a minimum of two years recent experience in a similar hospital setting
- Meet the minimum requirements for one or more of the eligible programs with a full-time (37.5 hours per week) vacancy
- Resides outside of the province of Ontario or has recently relocated to Ontario
- Have not been employed as a nurse in Ontario the six months prior to being hired
- Begin employment no later than March 31, 2024
- Commit to 24-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses such as Tuition Support Program for New Nurses, Nursing Graduate Guarantee Initiative etc.
- This program is only available to new hires who start working at HHS after July 31, 2023
For more information on this program please email email@example.com.