Perfusionist Careers at HHS
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) is Ontario’s most comprehensive healthcare system, and the only one in the province to provide care from pre-birth to end of life. We are a community of 15,000 staff, physicians, researchers and volunteers that proudly serves 2.3 million residents in southwestern Ontario. Our multi-site hospital has over 1,400 beds that provide specialized, advanced care to people from across the province with world-leading expertise in many areas, including cardiac and stroke care, cancer care, palliative care and pediatrics.
HHS is pleased to offer a Recruitment & Retention Bonus for Full-Time Perfusionist New Hires.
- Newly hired Perfusionists receive thirty thousand Canadian dollars ($30,000.00) on recruitment bonus on their first regular pay deposit.
- Newly hired Perfusionists also receive a lump sum payment of seven thousand five hundred Canadian dollars ($7,500.00) at the completion of the first, second, third and fourth full year of service.
- To receive these incentives, the perfusionist commits to continued employment in the Perfusionist position with Hamilton Health Sciences for sixty (60) full months.
Apply today to join our regional cardiac centre!
Where you’ll work
Our Hamilton General Hospital (HGH) site is the regional centre of excellence in cardiovascular and stroke care. It is home to several key regional referral programs including burns, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, structural heart program, electrophysiology, endovascular treatment, extracorporeal life support (ECMO), neurosurgery, stroke, trauma and vascular surgery.
We run the largest adult cardiac surgical centre in Ontario, providing life-changing care for our patients and meaningful, challenging and rewarding work for our teams. We typically perform more than 1,800 cardiac surgeries every year, including complex structural heart reconstructions and thoracic aortic aneurysm repairs, as well as minimally invasive and catheter-based percutaneous valve repairs and ROSS procedures.
As the largest employer in the Greater Hamilton region, we play a vital role in training the next generation of health professionals in collaboration with our academic partners, including McMaster University, Mohawk College and the Michener Institute.
Committed to our vision of Best Care for All, we operate as one seamless system both within and beyond our walls. We contribute to a healthier community and take pride in our four pillars of Patients, People, Sustainability, and Research, Innovation and Learning. We consistently receive recognition as a Top Employer in Hamilton/Niagara, Top 40 Research Hospital in Canada, and a Top Employer for Young People nationally.
Life in Hamilton
Hamilton offers the perfect combination of city life and nature. Our vibrant, accessible, family-friendly core is bursting with new restaurants, breweries, and shops in addition to a large public art gallery, several theatres, and a sports and entertainment arena.
You’ll also find hundreds of kilometers of walking trails weaving along the waterfront and through the greater Hamilton area.
Hamilton is geographically situated between Toronto and Niagara, less than an hour’s drive from each destination. This proximity affords easy access to airports, major league sports, cross-border shopping, and of course, wine country.
- Certified with the Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion and/or American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Graduate of an accredited program in Cardiovascular Perfusion Technology
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills and working in a multidiscipline team environment