The Hematology Disease Site Team cares for those living with hematological cancer (cancer involving the blood and/or bone marrow). This team is made up of hematologists and many nurses. You may see them:
- in the ward
- in the outpatient and inpatient clinics
- as a part of Oncology Day Services
- in the Stem Cell Unit
Other teams within the Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre you may also visit include the radiation department, chemo suite, diagnostic imaging, lab, stem cell, pharmacy, oncology day services and the Hematology Unit.
What to Bring
- Your health card
- Your reading glasses (if needed)
- All of your current medications in their original containers, including:
- prescription medications
- vitamins, herbal products or treatments
- over-the-counter or non-prescription medications
- any medication you need during the day such as pain, diabetes and medications for quitting smoking
At every clinic appointment, the clinic clerk will ask you to show your health card and confirm your address, phone number and family doctor.