JHCC Patient & Family Advisory Council
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a forum where patients and family members can provide insight and guidance to Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre (JHCC) staff on how to improve the patient and family experience. It is composed of individuals who have had experience with the care provided at the JHCC, including cancer patients, family members and caregivers.
Help us enhance our patients’ experience
The Juravinski Cancer Centre Patient and Family Advisory Council is looking for cancer patients, survivors, and their family members who have experienced the cancer journey at the JCC.
To find out more, please contact Cathy Bennett:
Phone: (905) 387-9495 ext. 65104.
Watch Mark’s story below to learn about his experience as a Patient and Family Advisory Council member.
The PFAC’s purpose is to function as an advisory and information sharing body to the JHCC. Members advise JHCC on current and future projects and programs in order to improve the overall patient experience.
Patient and family advisors who are members of the PFAC provide advice on policies, programs and practices that influence patient care and service in the Cancer Program.
- Patient/survivor or family member with current/previous experience with the cancer journey at JHCC
- Ability to communicate in English (spoken and written)
- Experience on a committee (through work or volunteering)
- Ability to share your cancer experience within a group
- Ability to see beyond your personal experience and think broadly about cancer care at JHCC
- Regular access to internet and email is preferred
The PFAC meets five times per year between the months of September and June.
Complementary parking passes are provided for meetings.
For more information contact Cathy Bennett by email at email@example.com call (905) 387-9495 ext. 65104.