As a hospital organization, protecting the privacy of our patients is a fundamental part of providing excellent care. It’s also our responsibility to provide access to certain types of information for those who are entitled to it.
In this section, you will find information about:
- Freedom of Information (FOI) and FOI requests
- Publicly available information
- Privacy and accessing your healthcare information
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) provides individuals with the right to access some types of information held by the hospital.
Publicly available information
Accountability is one of our core values at Hamilton Health Sciences. We believe in providing easy access to information that may be of value and interest to our community. Below is a list of commonly accessed information posted to our website which you can find under the “About Us” section of the website. If you can’t find what you’re looking for below, please try the “Search” function at the top of the page.
- Performance reporting (annual reports, patient safety indicators, our environmental report, and more)
- Public Sector Salary Disclosure and Executive Compensation Disclosure
- Diagnostic Imaging wait times
- Executive Team
- Board of Directors
- Accessibility Report
- 2020 Freedom of Information (FOI) Statistics
- Other Privacy Related Statistics
Patient Privacy Statement
Protecting the privacy of our patients, their families, and our staff and physicians is one of our highest priorities at Hamilton Health Sciences. To learn more about our information management practices, how to access your personal health record, or how to contact HHS’ Privacy Office, visit our Patient Privacy Statement page.