Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Program
The Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Program includes our inpatient Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) as well as our outpatient multidisciplinary clinic (CPEC) which focuses on the care of children and youth with medically refractory epilepsy, who continue to have seizures despite being on more than one appropriate medication.
The Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Clinic provides services including:
- Assessment and management of children with medically refractory epilepsy
- Clinical assessment prior to admission to the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU)
- Pre-surgical evaluation of children with medically refractory epilepsy
- Consultation for second opinions in children with medically refractory epilepsy
- Assessment for Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS), and follow up
- Liberalized forms of diet therapy for the management of epilepsy in addition to traditional diet therapy
For more information, visit the Neurology page for patients and families.
Patients/Conditions To Refer
Children and youth with medically refractory epilepsy can be referred for assessment and management.
Due to the specialized nature of the clinic, referrals are accepted only from general pediatricians, neurologists, and neurosurgeons.
More information coming soon.
Referral & Contact Information
Phone: 905-521-2100 ext. _____
Download referral form.
- In-person visits
- Virtual consultations