We provide cardiology clinic service for diagnosis and continued pre- and post-operative care for patients with suspected or confirmed congenital and/or acquired heart disease. We offer care for patients from the prenatal period until 18 years of age.
Our services include specialized non-invasive diagnostic procedures including: echocardiograms (fetal and post-natal), electrocardiograms, exercise tests, holters/event monitoring.
For more information, visit the Pediatric Cardiology Clinic page for patients and families.
Patients/Conditions To Refer
As a tertiary care unit, we encourage primary care physicians, community cardiologists and other specialty colleagues to refer patients that may have a primary or secondary cardiac condition, including:
1. known/suspected structural heart disease;
2. documented arrhythmias;
3. Kawasaki disease;
4. (pre-) Syncope;
5. chest pain/ palpitations/ shortness of breath surrounding exercise;
6. genetic syndromes;
7. metabolic conditions (diabetes, muscular dystrophies, hypertension, cholesterol/lipid disorders);
8. exposure to cardiotoxic medication;
9. family history of cardiomyopathy, sudden cardiac/early death of unknown cause. Fetal echocardiograms are considered for fetuses at an elevated risk of heart disease.
Referral & Contact Information
Phone: 905-521-2100 ext. 75562 and 73684
Download Pediatric Cardiology and Echocardiogram referral form and fax to 905-521-2333.
Download Pediatric Fetal referral form and fax to 905-521-2333.
- In-person visits
- Virtual consultations